Things you need to know about Precision Engineering
One of the fundamental principles in precision engineering is that of determinism. To do the job efficiently and correctly to fit your need via modern machinery. The basic idea is that machine tools obey cause and effect relationships that are within our ability to understand and control and that there is nothing random or probabilistic about their behavior. Everything happens for a reason and the list of reasons is small enough to manage.
By this we mean that machine tool errors obey cause-and-effect relationships, and do not vary randomly for no reason. Further, the causes are not esoteric and uncontrollable, but can be explained in terms of familiar engineering principles.
Main objectives of precision engineering:
- Achieve greater miniaturization and packing densities.
- Achieve further advances in technology and the underlying sciences.
- Reduce the initial cost.
- Reduce the running cost.
- Extend the life span.
- Enable the design safety factor to be lowered.
- Improve interchangeability of components so that corresponding parts made by other factories or firms can be used in their place.
- Improve quality control through higher machine accuracy capabilities and hence reduce scrap, rework, and conventional inspection.
- Achieve a greater wear/fatigue life of components.
- Make functions independent of one another.
Why is Precision Engineering Important?
Precision engineering is a specialist branch of mechanical engineering which involves the design and manufacture of complex products, machines, tools and instruments, The manufacturing companies that now operate in USA typically design and make sophisticated products, almost always in very large quantities and with high level of precision.
. Precision engineering is often defined as having an accuracy of1x106 - that’s one millionth of a metre, or 1 micron.
Areas of Expertise of Precision Engineering:
- Precision Design – product, mould, tool and machine designing
- Computer Aided Manufacture – CNC (Computer Numerical Control) programming & machining
- Advanced Manufacturing Technologies – automation, polymer processing, materials
- Metrology – Precision measurement and CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine)
- Manufacturing Requirements – validation, quality management, lean manufacturing and project management
How does precision engineering works?
Precision engineering is a subdiscipline of electrical engineering, software engineering, electronics engineering, mechanical engineering, and optical engineering concerned with designing machines, fixtures, and other structures that have exceptionally high tolerances, are repeatable, and are stable over time. These approaches have applications in machine tools, MEMS, NEMS, opto electronics design, and many other fields.
Concepts of precision engineering.
1) CNC precision engineering
J and J steel fabrication utilise the latest CNC machine tools, a dedicated and highly skilled workforce together with highest quality accreditations to produce high precision components for a variety of specialised industries.
2) Digital and Precision Engineering?
Develop a strong foundation in precision engineering fundamentals, digital design and manufacturing. Possess knowledge and skills for digital design and engineering applications, engineering processes and process control. Gain industry exposure during six months of industrial attachment at a local or overseas company.
3) precision machining?
Precision Machining is a process to remove material from a workpiece while holding close tolerance finishes. The precision machine has many types, including milling, turning and electrical discharge machining. A precision machine today is generally controlled using a Computer Numerical Controls (CNC).
J and J Welding and Fabrication Florida Inc
J and J Welding and Fabrication's was founded in 2005 to meet a growing demand in U.S.A for high quality economical steel fabrication. T
The vision is to help American builders source high quaility and reliable structural steel for American projects.
The combination of Americans know how and internaional cost savings provides our customers with the”best of both worlds”..